Friday, April 1, 2011

Took A Little Trip

We had to make a quick up to western Kentucky to visit my brother, who was undergoing gallbladder surgery. I think he is the last in the family to receive the gallbladder merit badge, complete with green ribbons and stones attached!
The economy must be getting better for someone, as I don't think I have ever seen so many trucks on the road. I have a lot of sympathy for truckers as I have another brother, who is a long haul driver and have heard some of his horror stories dealing with wacko car drivers. But, the truckers who really gripe my tail are the ones who pull out to pass another trucker going up a hill, then don't  have the horse power to pass, so there you are, stuck, until the down hill side allows him to finally get around. I-24 going toward Ky. used to be known as "ticket alley", but since the cut back in state troopers, the speed limit of 70 mph is a joke. Now, it's go as fast as you have the guts to drive! I don't think I was much below 80 mph the whole trip, you would have thought I was driving a mule wagon the way cars and trucks were zipping around us! If I would have had a plastic Jesus on the dashboard, I think he would have had his hands over his eyes! Anyway, we made the round trip with out incident. Got home and were unpacking and get a call that one of our grand daughters had been in an accident and was in the hospital. Totaled the car in a mix up with a Fed Ex truck.
She is doing fine just a little banged up, and went home around noon today.
So for us on the ridge,  it's been a very busy and anxious week. Reminds me of an old commercial pilot I used to know who stated it best, "Hours and hours of boredom, punctuated by moments of shear terror." Yep, that about gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment