Sunday, December 15, 2013

Windy on the Ridge.

Another Sunday has rolled around. Today is cold, overcast and windy. A good day for a hot cup of coffee and flying my recliner. The wife is nose deep in a good book, so she is happy. We have the TV on just background music, must of which sounds like some poor lonesome American Indian, in the woods hoping to attract a squaw with is dole full music. The bills are paid and the pantry is full. It just doesn't get any better than this. (At the moment!)

I sure am having a hard time getting into the Christmas spending spirit this year. Since we elected not to put up our Christmas tree this year. I was feeling a little like Scrooge, so we bought a small table top pre-lit
tree at Wally*World. The rest of the house is decorated with the wife's collection of snow men, so it kinda looks like Christmas around here, but for some reason, I'm just not into it. Maybe, the older we get, Holidays are not as exciting as they used to be when the kids were small.

The past week has been full of more dental appointments, and more to come. I also wedged in a trip to the lab for blood work to be completed for next weeks doctor appointment. I ate like a hog over Thanksgiving, so the A1-c, and blood sugar levels will be high I know. This leads to a lecture from both doctor and wife.
More "Shame on me's" coming for sure!

Yesterday, we received our notice of the increase in our S.S. benefits, boy, just don't know how I am going to manage that 1.5% increase. What a wind fall! Now I can buy TWO cans of spam. I guess I should not complain too much as there are a lot of families struggling right now. Some I truly have compassion for, others, not so much.

Last week was gun cleaning time. The Ruger LCP, that I carry in my jeans pocket had a lint plug in it. I'm glad I didn't need it, for the lint plug could have created a problem. I need to keep an eye on it.
In the summer, I use a belt holster for that gun as I can wear my shirts on the outside. The rest of the arsenal
looked good. I still have not fired any of the bear loads through the 870 Wingmaster. I'm pretty sure they will destroy a door if need be.

If the weather we have had of late, is a prelude to the rest of winter, boy, it's gonna be a humdinger!
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.


No comments:

Post a Comment