Monday, October 27, 2014

WHAT'S NEXT !!!



Last week, our refrigerator went "Toe's Up" on us. Seems that just when you get a few bucks ahead the dollar eating phantom shows up!

We knew we were having a problem with the old Kitchen mAid, when a pool of water greeted us one morning, and the compressor ran all of the time because the fan motor was shot. We were lucky to get an honest repairman, who after giving the old ice box the once over, told us we not need to spend another dime on it, but just go get a new one.

So that afternoon we drove down off of the ridge to Lowe's where we got a great price on a new Whirlpool model with french doors, and the freezer drawer on the bottom. Stainless steel as was the better half's choice. We were lucky in that we didn't loose but a few items of food, in the transition from old to new. Our old ice box we had in Georgia lasted twenty years, so  I'm looking for twenty out of this one. I had to laugh at what I just wrote....in twenty years I will be 91 years old !

Our daughter who lives 50 miles away has been wanting me to pressure wash the vinyl siding on her home, so Saturday morning we make the trek with the pressure washer in the back of the Pilot.
We got everything ready, and the pressure washer would not build pressure because of some bad
"O" rings that had shrunk over the summer in storage! Talk about feeling snake bit!!!

Kinda makes me wonder, what's going to go bad next...nothing I hope, but should it happen, I know I can count on that 1.7% Social Security increase to get me through!!!!!

Today, the wife and I cut the lawn for the last time until spring. The weather guessers are calling for a big freeze over the week end, so that should stop it's growth. Yard work is done for the winter!!




2 comments:

  1. Have you thrown in the towel on blogging, Scooney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorges, just had a lot going on, but I think I am ready to start Blogging again soon. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete